Bo Wafford cooks up a delectable BBQ Brisket, he won't share his special blend of rubs & spices or his recipe for smoking but he does share it's special side BBQ Sauce.
The Onion Creek Lodge serves this sweet-and-sour barbecue sauce with its slowly smoked brisket of beef. It can be used as a condiment or as a basting sauce for almost any grilled food.
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Onion - 1 medium, peeled and finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 teaspoon, minced
- Dark Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Coarsely ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dijon mustard - 1-1/2 tablespoons
- Cider Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce - 3 tablespoons
- Ketchup - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the onions and garlic. Saute over medium heat until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes, then add the brown sugar, pepper, salt, and mustard. Stir constantly over low heat for 2 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in jars with tight-fitting lids for up to 3 months.