This simple sauté of shrimp, garlic, tomato, and parsley with a splash of Pernod is served in warmed shallow bowls. A small timbale of rice would be a nice accompaniment; place it to one side in the bowl before spooning in the Shrimp Provencal.
- Olive Oil - 3 tablespoons
- Shrimp - 1 pound, 21 - 25 count, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- Garlic Cloves - 2, chopped
- Shallot - 1, chopped
- Tomato - 1/2, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Parsley Sprigs - 4, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pernod - 3 tablespoons
- Unsalted Butter - 3 tablespoons
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot enough to shimmer, add the shrimp and toss until the shrimp turn pink and become opaque. Add the garlic, shallot, tomato, half of the parsley, and seasonings. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the Pernod. Reduce the heat and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. Sauté for 1 more minute. Melt the remaining butter separately. Serve on warmed plates and pour the remaining butter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.