White Cloud Omelet
- Egg Whites - 24
- Vegetable Oil - 4 tablespoons
- Parsley - 8 tablespoons, chopped
- Green onion tops - 4 tablespoons, chopped
- Mushrooms - 4 large, sliced thin and sauteed
- Asparagus or broccoli florets - 2 cups, cooked
Beat six egg whites to a soft foam. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large omelet pan or nonstick skillet. When hot, pour off any excess oil. Pour the egg white foam into the pan. Sprinkle one-fourth of the parsley and green onion over the egg whites. Loosen the sides of the omelet and, when the whites have partially firmed, carefully turn it and cook the other side. Place one-fourth of the mushrooms and asparagus or broccoli in the center of the omelet. Fold the omelet over the vegetables. Repeat to make four omelets. Garnish with additional mushrooms, asparagus, or broccoli if desired.