Mixed Berry Crisp with Streusel Topping
When you’ve removed the entrée from the grill, make this dessert and use the heat still left in the fire. The cups of berry crisp will cook under the grill cover as you enjoy your meal. When it’s time for dessert, these golden cups of berries with streusel topping will be ready. Perhaps a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to gild the lily…
- Strawberries - 1 pint, stemmed and halved
- Blueberries - 1/2 pint
- Blackberries and/or Raspberries - 1/2 pint
- Orange Juice - 1/3 cup (juice of 1 orange)
- Orange Zest - 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest (zest of 1 orange)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cornstarch - 2 tablespoons
- Ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter - 1/4 cup, softened
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Flour - 1/2 cup
In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries/raspberries. Add the orange juice, zest, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Toss lightly. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the softened butter and sugar in a medium bowl using a fork. Add the flour and mix until crumbly. Place 1/2 cup of the berry mixture into 3-inch foil cupcake cups or oven-proof cups. Top each with 2 tablespoons of streusel topping.
Use the heat of a grill used earlier for indirect heating, or prepare a grill for the indirect heat method. Place in the center of the cooking grate. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown and bubbly. Serve warm.