CARVINAL CAULIFLOWER – WHITE TRUFFLE SOUP
- Whole Butter - 2 ounces
- Garlic - 4 cloves, peeled and chopped
- Shallots - 2 each, peeled and chopped
- Carnival Cauilflower (Yellow) - 3 pounds, cleaned, quartered
- Heavy Cream - 2 cup
- Kosher salt - 1 tablespoon
- Carnival Cauilflower (yellow, purple and green) - 2 cups, picked into florets, blanched and chilled and set aside
- Truffle oil - 1 tablespoon
- Chives - 2 tablespoon, snipped
1. In a sauce pan add 2 ounces of butter and saute garlic and shallots until translucent.
2. Add yellow cauliflower quarters and cover with heavy cream. Cook on low heat until cauliflower starts to break apart and soften.
3. Remove mixture from heat, and blend mixture in a blender until smooth.
4. Return to heat and continue to cook on low heat until mixture starts to thicken.
5. Add cauliflower florets to soup and season with kosher salt.
6. Finish with truffle oil, and chives and serve.