Like New Orleans’ famed “Bananas Foster,” Cruzan Bananas are caramelized and served with vanilla ice cream. The spiced rum puts the Caribbean spin on this simple but delicious dish.
- Clarified Butter (see Basics) - 1/4 cup
- Dark Brown Sugar - 8 tablespoons
- Bananas - 4, cut in half and split lengthwise
- Cruzan Clipper Spiced Rum or other spiced rum - 1 cup
- Heavy (whipping) cream - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Ice Cream - 12, small scoops
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Mint sprig - 4
Heat the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar allow to melt in the butter. Add the bananas and cook until coated with the caramelized sugar. Stir in the rum, then stir in the cream. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring gently or tossing.
To serve: Put 3 small scoops of ice cream in the center of each plate. Pour the bananas and syrup over the ice cream. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and garnish with a mint sprig.