Curried Nuggets of Lobster
Nuggets of lobster tail meat are simmered in garlic and curry powder, then served in papaya boats on salad greens. One convenience is that thawed frozen lobster tails work well for the recipe. Another is that shrimp would make a delicious substitute for the lobster.
- Lobster Tails - two, large, fresh or thawed frozen
- Fresh lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- Unsalted Butter - 3 tablespoons
- Fresh Garlic - 1 tablespoon, minced (alt bottled garlic paste)
- Scallion (green onion) - 1/4 cup, sliced
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Scotch Bonnet Chili Pepper - 1 teaspoon, sliced (alt. 1 tablespoon jalapeno chili pepper)
- Madras Curry Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Mesclun - 6 cups (alt. gourmet salad greens or Bibb lettuce leaves)
- Ripe Papayas - 2
Remove lobster meat from shell; cut into 1-inch chunks. Toss with lime juice; set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add green onions, parsley and chili pepper; saute 1 minute. Add curry powder; saute 1 minute. Add water; simmer 1 minute. Transfer mixture to blender or food processor and puree. Add salt to taste.
Return puree to skillet; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add lobster mixture; simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until lobster is cooked through, stirring frequently. Arrange salad greens on four serving plates. Cut papayas in half; discard seeds. Place papaya halves, cut sides up in center of plates. Using tongs, arrange lobster nuggets in papaya halves. Spoon sauce over lobster and greens.