Everest Beignet, Rose Hip Coulis, Alsace Kirsch Ice Cream
Wine Suggestion: Gewurztraminer Sélection de Grains Nobles
- Powdered Sugar - 2 + 3 Tbsp.
- All Purpose Flour - 9 oz
- Lukewarm water - 2 cups (approximately)
- Butter - 2 tablespoons melted
- Salt - Pinch
- Oil - For frying
- Egg Whites - 2, beaten to stiff peaks
- Apples - 4, peeled, cored, seeded and sliced in a spiral
- Alsace Kirsch Eau de Vie - 1 tablespoon
- Icing sugar
- Rose hip coulis - 6 tablespoon
Combine the flour, salt, 2 tbsp. sugar and the melted butter. Gently pour in some warm water to form a fairly runny batter than is not too liquid (like crepe batter); let rest for 2 hours.
Sprinkle the apple spirals with the Alsace Kirsch Eau de Vie and the remaining 3 tbsp. sugar; set aside.
Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into the batter just before frying. Oil should be heated to 385°F.
Dip each apple spiral into the batter; drop into very hot oil and cook until the fritter is puffed and golden.
Remove and place on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with sugar and serve hot.
Garnish with rose hip coulis, ice cream and powered sugar.