Green Tomato Gazpacho
So simple, so fresh, so good: this soup is prepared in a minute by pulsing the ingredients together, then chilled before serving. Toasted focaccia is the perfect accompaniment.
- Green Tomatoes - 2
- Green Bell Peppers - 2, seeded, deribbed, and diced
- Yellow Bell Pepper - 1, seeded, deribbed, and diced
- Cucumbers - 2 medium, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Cloves Garlic - 2, minced
- Olive Oil - 2/3 cup
- White Vinegar - 2/3 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - 2 teaspoons
- Focaccia Bread - 1
- Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Red Bell Pepper - 1, seeded, deribbed, and cut in julienne
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until almost smooth, 30 to 45 seconds. Place in a non-aluminum bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
To serve: Heat the broiler to high. Cut the focaccia into 8 triangles and lightly brush with olive oil. Broil until toasted and crisped. Ladle gazpacho into chilled soup bowls. Top each with a cluster of julienned pepper. Serve with focaccia toast points.