Lobster with Three Salads ▶July 28, 2014 • By Great Chefs
Lobster with Three Salads ▶
By Great Chefs July 28, 2014
Lobster is accented with three salads — greens, artichokes and truffles, and green beans and carrots. Cassis Dressing is spooned around the lobster meat. The dressing would be delicious on its own as an accent to green salads.
- Cassis Dressing
- Dijon mustard - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - juice of 2 lemons
- Lime Juice - juice of 1 lime
- Black Currants - 3 tablespoons, fresh
- Dry White Wine - 1 ounce
- Black Currant Vinegar - 1 ounce
- Walnut Oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Vinegar - 1-1/2 cups
- Olive Oil - 1 cup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lobsters - 4, cooked, 1 pound each
- Red-leaf Lettuce - 1 head
- Lamb’s Lettuce (Mache) - 4 heads
- Green Beans - 1/2 pound, blanched
- Artichoke Bottoms - 2, braised or canned, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- (hold the artichoke pieces in water with a little lemon juice added to prevent darkening)
- Carrot - 1 medium, blanched and cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- Black Truffles - 2 medium, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
To prepare the dressing: In a non-aluminum bowl, combine the ingredients thorough the black current vinegar. While whisking, add the walnut oil in a thin stream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk in the Worcestershire sauce if desired.
To assemble: Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste together in a non-aluminum bowl. Pull off the lobster tails. Devein the tails and cut each into 6 medallions. Carefully remove the meat from the claws and knuckles. Fan the lobster medallions on the lower portion of four serving plates. Place claw meat on either side of the medallion fan. Put knuckle meat in the center. In a bowl, toss the red-leaf and lamb’s lettuce with the vinegar dressing. Place the dressed greens in the center of each plate, covering the knuckle meat. In a bowl, toss the green beans and artichokes with the vinegar dressing. Place the artichokes on the upper right portion of the plate, and the green beans on the left. Toss the carrots and truffles with the vinegar dressing. Criss-cross the truffles on top of the artichokes. Criss-cross the carrots on top of the beans.
To serve: Spoon Cassis Dressing around the lobster medallions on each plate.