Pompano Grenobloise with Crisp Brunoise Potato, Caper berries, & Grilled Lemon
- Pompano - 6 filets, grilled
- Capper Berries - 12 each berries, sliced into 4 pieces each
- Tomato - ½ cup medium, diced
- Yellow Bell Pepper - 1/4 cup medium, diced
- Red Bell Pepper - 1/4 cup medium, diced
- Potato brunoise - 1 cup of blanched
- Lemon Juice - ¼ cup
- Heavy Cream - 2 tablespoons
- Butter - ¼ lb bar, cut into 1/4inch slices
- Shallots - 1 tablespoon
- Bay Leaf - 1 each
- Thyme - 1 sprig
- Parsley - 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Lemons - 3 each, cut on the bias and grilled
- Salt & white pepper to taste
Heat oil in a medium skillet at medium high heat; cook, and stir potato brunoise until they turn golden brown. Add diced bell peppers and sauté for approximately two more minutes or until bell peppers become tender. Add diced tomato, sliced capper berries, chopped parsley and sauté for an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from skillet and set aside.
On the same skillet sauté the shallots until translucent. Deglaze with the lemon juice, add the thyme sprig, bay leaf and heavy cream. Reduce liquid by one half. Remove thyme sprig and bay leaf. Whisk in butter slices into the reduction season with salt & pepper to taste and set aside.
Place grilled Pompano on the center of a plate. Top with two tablespoons of potato brunoise mixture. Drizzle about two tablespoons of sauce and garnish with a grilled lemon half. Repeat plateup five more times.