This is a simple salad, a tender Bibb lettuce leaf and slice of ripe tomato with chopped walnuts. The dressing, combining of Roquefort cheese and port wine, makes it outstanding.
- Roquefort or Bleu Cheese - 6 tablespoons
- Butter - 4 tablespoons, melted
- Port Wine - 2 tablespoons
- Bibb Lettuce - 1 small head, cleaned and torn into individual leaves
- Tomato - 1 large, peeled and sliced into four slices
- Walnut pieces - 1 cup
To prepare the dressing: Whisk the ingredients together.
To assemble and serve: On a small plate, arrange a leaf of lettuce and a slice of tomato. Top with about 2 tablespoons of dressing and sprinkle with walnuts. Repeat for each plate.