Singapore Chili Crab
- Dungeness Crab - 1 large
- Peanut Oil - 1 tablespoon or 15 ml
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon or 8 G
- Garlic Cloves - 2, finely chopped
- Red Thai Chile - 1, halved, seeded and minced
- Fish Stock - 1 cup or 250 ml
- Chinese Cooking Wine - 1/4 cup of 50 ml (alt. dry sherry)
- Tomato Sauce - 1/4 cup or 50 ml
- Salt to taste
- Scallion - 1, cut into 1 Inch or 2.5cm pieces
- Cilantro Leaves for Garnish
Using your fingers, pull of large top of shell of crab (reserve shell for garnish)
Turn Crab over and remove triangular piece of shell. Remove gills and other unwanted parts of crab.
Rinse crab well, shop off claws: crack with a nutcracker. Chop remaining crab into quarters
In Large wok or deep skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Add ginger garlic, and chile and cook for 5 seconds. Add crab, cook 3 minutes. Add fish stock, wine, tomato sauce and salt, over high heat, heat to boiling.
Reduce heat to low, simmer 8-10 minutes or until crab is cooked, stirring occasionally.
During last 2 minutes, stir in scallion.
Garnish with Cilantro Leaves and Large Crab Shell.