BBQ Shrimp Gaufre
- Sweet Potato Filling
- Sweet potatoes - 2 lb, roasted and peeled
- Oranges - 2, zested and juiced
- Light Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Cloves - Pinch, ground
- Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - Pinch
- BBQ Shrimp
- Shrimp - 16 jumbo (peeled in center, head and tail intact) about 2 pounds
- Seafood seasoning - 2 teaspoons (we use Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Seasoning)
- Rosemary - 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Cracked black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Butter - 4-6 tablespoons
- Beer - ¼ cup
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - 2
- Seafood Stock - 2 cups
Brown small amount of butter in skillet: add pepper, rosemary and shrimp; add seasoning, and garlic; sauté over high heat until shrimp are pink.
Add Worcestershire, beer and stock; bring to a boil and allow liquid to reduce.
Finish sauce by emulsifying butter into it.
To Serve: Spread warm Waffle with warm sweet potato mixture; arrange shrimp on top and then pour the sauce over and around the pie. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.