Cafe Au Lait Creme Brulee with Calas
- Creme Brulee
- egg yolks - 8 egg yolks
- Sugar - 1 cup
- heavy whipping cream - 1 cup
- vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- coffee concentrate - 2 tablespoons
- warm water - 1⁄2 cup
- sugar - 1 teaspoon
- yeast - 2 1⁄4 teaspoon
- cooked rice - 3⁄4 cup
- eggs - 2
- salt - Pinch
- nutmeg - Pinch
- vanilla extract - 1⁄4 teaspoon
- flour - 3⁄4 cup
1. Mix egg yolks and sugar in medium
mixing bowl; whip until pale yellow.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Strain, let sit 2-4 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325° F
5. Skim foam from top of mixture.
6. Place ramekins on sheet pan and pour
mixture into ramekins.
7. Fill sheet pan with water until it
reaches halfway up the ramekins.
8. Allow to cook in oven for 40 minutes or
until custard sets.
9. Chill until firm.
10. Sprinkle with sugar and torch until
brown and crispy; allow to cool.
1. Stir yeast and sugar into warm water.
2. Let sit 10 minutes until yeast foams.
3. Add cooked rice, let sit overnight at
room temperature loosely covered.
4. Beat eggs.
5. Stir yeast and rice mixture into eggs.
6. Add remaining ingredients; whisk to
7. Fry crispy.