- Hollandaise Sauce
- Egg Yolks - 10 large
- Red Wine Vinegar - 4 tablespoons
- Unsalted Butter - 2 pounds, melted and hot
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon, or to taste
- Salmon fillets - 4 (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Eggs - 8 poached (consult recipe for Veal Roussel)
- Parsley - 4 sprigs
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Tomatoes - 2, halved and grilled
Combine the egg yolks and vinegar in a stainless mixing bowl or double boiler. Beat over low heat, whisking constantly, until the egg yolks begin to thicken. Slowly add the melted butter, whisking briskly to blend. Season with salt and pepper. After the butter is completely incorporated, whisk until the sauce thickens. Keep warm over warm water.
Cook the salmon fillet to medium-rare on a grill or in a skillet. Place a fillet on each warmed serving plate. Top each piece of salmon with two poached eggs. Spoon Hollandaise Sauce over the eggs. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Garnish each plate with a grilled tomato half.