Oysters with Lime-Chili Sauce ►
Simple, but this dish packs a punch. Salty fresh oysters are topped with a relish that combines lime juice and hot chilies. The lime juice “cooks” the raw oysters; the longer they sit, the firmer they become, so you’ll want to add the relish at the last minute and bring them straight to the table.
- Large Oysters - 1 dozen, shucked, half the shells reserved
- Shallots - 1 to 2 large, fresh
- Coriander - 1/2 bunch, fresh
- Jalapeno - 1 fresh, seeded and deribbed
- Hot Red Chilies - 1, seeded and deribbed
- Lime Juice - 1/3 to 1/2 cup, fresh
Anchor the oyster shells in beds of rock salt on serving plates. Place an oyster in each. Dice the remaining ingredients fine. Place in a bowl with the lime juice and mix. Dab relish on top of each oyster and serve immediately.