Scallops Ceviche ►
Flavors are intense in this ceviche, which is based on fresh scallops marinated in lime juice. The scallops will turn white and opaque as they “cook” in the juice. Peppers, coriander, and tomato are added to the marinating broth, brightening the sweet sea taste of the scallops. This dish must be served fresh; do not keep it more than 2 hours, even in the refrigerator.
- Fresh Scallops - 3/4 to 1 pound
- Lime Juice - 1 cup, to cover
- Garlic Cloves - 2, minced
- Sweet Red Bell Pepper - 1, seeded, deribbed, and julienned
- Sweet Green Chilies - 2, seeded, deribbed, and julienned (alt. 1 Anaheim chili)
- Coriander - 1/2 bunch, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Tomato - 1, cored and chopped
- Jalapeno Chilies - 2, with seeds, minced
- Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
Slice the scallops in thirds, cutting to preserve the shape and make a uniform size. Place the scallops in a non-aluminum bowl. Cover with lime juice and marinate 1 hour. Add the garlic, red bell pepper, and sweet green chili. Mix thoroughly. Add the coriander, tomato, and jalapenos; mix. Stir in the olive oil and serve immediately.