Sea Scallops with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Roasted red bell peppers and cream make the perfect sauce for quickly seared sweet scallops.
- Red Bell Peppers - 2
- Unsalted Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Black bean garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon, minced
- Heavy (whipping) cream - 2 cups
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Virgin olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Sea Scallops - 8 large
- Flat-leaf Parsley - 4 sprigs, or cilantro
Roast the peppers in a 400 F oven until very dark. Place in a closed paper bag for 15 minutes. Peel the peppers and remove the seeds and ribs. Puree in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Put the pepper puree, butter, and garlic into a hot medium saucepan and cook for 3 minutes. Add the cream and cook to reduce the sauce for 3 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and keep warm.
In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the olive oil until almost smoking. Add the scallops and cook on one side for 2 minutes; turn and cook for 2 minutes more.
To serve: Transfer 2 scallops to each serving plate and spoon pepper sauce over them. Garnish each with a sprig of parsley or cilantro.