Chef Coco Pacheco uses a bright cocktail sauce to accent local Chilean seafood, shellfish which are unusual in some parts of the world like a giant sea urchin and barnacles. Substitute the best local shellfish you can find, and you’ll create a wonderful dish.
- Cocktail Sauce
- Tomato Juice - 2 cups
- Tomatoes - 2, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Onion - 1, diced
- Garlic Clove - 1, minced
- Fresh Ginger - 1 inch, peeled and shaved
- Fresh cilantro - 2 tablespoons, minced
- Jalapeno - 1, peeled, seeded, deribbed, and minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Dry white wine - 1/2 cup
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Shellfish - 2 cups, peeled boiled shrimp or prawns, lump crab, lobster chunks, or other local
To make the sauce: In a large non-aluminum bowl, stir the cocktail sauce ingredients together.
To serve: Place the sauce in an attractive bowl over a larger bowl of ice. Place the seafood directly in the sauce. The cocktail may also be served in small individual bowls over ice.