Tossed Seasonal Greens with Raspberry and Walnut VinaigretteNovember 10, 2015 • By Great Chefs
Tossed Seasonal Greens with Raspberry and Walnut Vinaigrette
By Great Chefs November 10, 2015
Fresh mixed greens are tossed with a delicious raspberry-walnut vinaigrette and topped with marinated onions, feta cheese, and fresh raspberries. The raspberry puree and walnut oil in the dressing are a wonderful combination. Also try this dressing with a pasta or chicken salad.
- Arugula - 1 bunch, stemmed
- Bibb Lettuce - 1 small head, cored
- Radicchio - 1 small head, cored
- Red Leaf Lettuce - 1 small head, cored
- Watercress - 1 small bunch, stemmed
- Red Onion - 3, slices, halved and separated into rings
- Raspberry-Walnut Vinaigrette - 1/2 to 3/4 cup (recipe follows)
- Walnuts - 2 tablespoons, chopped, toasted
- Feta Cheese - 2 tablespoons, crumbled
- Fresh Raspberries - 1 cup
- Raspberry-Walnut Vinaigrette (Makes 1-3/4 cups)
- Shallots - 1/4 cup, minced
- Honey - 2 tablespoons
- Raspberry Vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Walnut Oil - 1 cup
- Fresh Raspberries - 1/3 cup, pureed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Rinse, dry, and refrigerate the greens in plastic bags. Add the onion rings to the raspberry-walnut vinaigrette and marinate for 10 minutes. Remove from the vinaigrette with a slotted spoon and set aside.
To serve: Toss the greens with dressing to taste. Arrange the greens on 6 plates, then sprinkle each salad with the marinated onion rings, walnuts, feta cheese, and raspberries.
Combine the shallots, honey, and raspberry vinegar in a small non-aluminum bowl. Slowly whisk in the walnut oil until emulsified. Add the raspberry puree and season with salt and pepper.