LOBSTER SCALLION SHOOTERS
Signature dish at Abacus Restaurant Dallas
Kent Rathbun Elements Red Curry Coconut Sauce is Available at www.kentrathbun.com
- Sesame Oil - 2 ounces
- Garlic Cloves - 2 tablespoons, peeled & minced
- Shallots - 2 tablespoons, peeled & minced
- Lemongrass - 2 tablespoons, minced
- Ginger - 2 tablespoons, peeled & minced
- Lobster Meat - 1 pound, ground or chopped fine, cooked
- Tamari Soy Sauce - 1⁄4 cup
- Sambal Chili Sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Scallions - 1⁄4 cup, chopped fine
- Mint Leaves - 2 tablespoons, chopped fine
- Thai Basil Leaves - 2 tablespoons, chopped fine
- Cilantro Leaves - 2 tablespoons, chopped fine
- FOR THE DUMPLINGS
- Dumplings Wrappers - 32 pieces, cut 2 inchs by 2 inchs 2 each eggs, whipped
- Corn Starch - 1 cup
- Peanut Oil - 2 cups
FOR THE FILLING
1. In a medium saute pan, saute in sesame oil the garlic, shallots, lemongrass and ginger until slightly browned.
2. Add the lobster meat, soy sauce, sambal and continue cooking for about one minute. Remove from heat and transfer to mixing bowl and cool.
3. After mixture is cool add the scallions, mint, basil and cilantro. Mix until incorporated.
FOR THE DUMPLINGS
1. Lay out dumpling wrappers evenly on a flat surface, then brush a thin layer of egg on each wrapper.
2. Place a small amount of the mixture in the center of the wrapper.
3. Then fold the edges of the wrappers up around the mixture and squeeze the edges to seal the dumpling.
4. Spread the corn starch on a cookie sheet and lay dumplings on the corn starch (this helps to keep them dry and crunchy)
5. Deep fry dumplings in 350 degree peanut oil until golden brown.
6. Serve with red curry coconut sauce. Available at www.kentrathbun.com