Fall brings pumpkin flavors into sweet and savory dishes. From a morning wake you up to a sweet treat to end the day, pumpkin can be incorporated into numerous recipes.
To celebrate National Pumpkin Day on October 26, these pumpkin inspired recipes will surely satisfy your pumpkin fix.
Skinny Pumpkin Latte
- 1 tablespoon LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO Skinny Latte milk capsule
- 1 NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO Skinny Latte coffee capsule
- Place pumpkin and pumpkin spice in cup.
- Insert milk capsule into capsule holder. Place into machine and pull down locking handle. Adjust drip tray to height of cup and place cup on drip tray. Move lever to the level indicated on the capsule, dispensing about 6 ounces. Remove capsule and discard. Stir mixture in cup.
- Repeat brewing process with coffee capsule, dispensing about 2 ounces. Dust with additional pumpkin spice, if desired.
Spiced Bourbon Pumpkin Milkshake
(Courtesy of Alie Ward and Georgia Hardstark)
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup roasted or canned pumpkin
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed cloves
- Add the ice cream, pumpkin, bourbon, half-and-half, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and sprinkle with a pinch of crushed cloves for aroma.
- Sip. Feel joy. Give thanks that bikini season is six months away.
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 1 orange
- 2 bottles HobNob Chardonnay
- Combine vodka, sugar, apple cider and pumpkin pie spice in a large pitcher and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Chop fruit (apples, pears, orange), add to mix and marinate overnight.
- Add chilled Chardonnay. Serve over ice.
Graham Cracker Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Filling
(Courtesy of Alie Ward & Georgia Hardstark)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the cookies:
- 1 ½ cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, melted
Mix all ingredients until well incorporated and all crumbs are pulverized, then set aside.
For the pie filling:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 1 can (12oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Mix sugar, salt, and pie spice in a small bowl, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer on medium speed, then slowly add the canned pumpkin and the spice mix, followed by the sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix until well incorporated.
To assemble the cookies:
Roll out the graham cracker mix and, using a cookie cutter or the mouth of a small glass, cut circles and set them upon a cookie sheet. Top each circle with a ½ – 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin mix, then top with another cookie round. Press gently along the edges of the cookies to seal. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cookies are golden brown.